newbie help with IR-X10

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: newbie help with IR-X10
  • From: Craig Callander <craig@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 16:02:35 -0500

Title: newbie help with IR-X10

Hi All

Just received my 'All House' IR-X10 device from LetsAutomate, and cant get the device t work via IR (Pronto).
All buttons on the on the IR7243AH work fine 100% of the time (ie No IR)
When I press house code on remote, this works 100% of the time (one flash on LED)
When I press unit number on remote, this works 100% of the time (two flashes on LED)
However, when I press on/off/dimmer buttons on pronto I only get it t work 10-20% of the time, and LED only sometimes flashes.

I have tried the ccf's on the floppy, and downloaded some others from remote central, same problem.
I have fully charged pronto, moved pronto t within feet of the IR7243AH, same problem.
I dont have a plasma (yet!).

Im sure its something real simple, and maybe one of you guys who has this device could point me t a solution, or any tips, urls etc??

Is the non-All House version more reliable?

TIA

Craig

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor