Re: LD11 failure?

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: LD11 failure?
  • From: rid@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 09:00:49 -0000

chaps

i knew i had heard something about this about a year ago

it may be nothing, BUT i had heard that an air gap has to be left
between DIN module to allow them to stay cool

the marmitek site has something on this, i say something because it
is in flemish but here it goes

"Bij montagevan merdere Modules op een DIN rail, dient afhankelijk
van de belasting, rekening gehouden te worden met 2cm afstand tussen
de Modules om voldoende warmte dissipatie te garanderen"

i would think that 2cm is the gap required, and "warmte
dissipatie"
is heat dissipation

this may be why your units stopped working/blew

see http://www.marmitek.com/nl_site/pdf/8933.pdf

cheers

rid

--- In ukha_d@y..., "Keith Doxey" <ukha@d...> wrote:
> Sounds like they were either too low rating or you had a massive
power
> surge, possibly a lightning strike on power cables nearby.
>
> Keith

I took
> apart, and the Voltage Dependant Resistor had blown itself apart.
(See
> http://www.amarok.demon.co.uk/dl/lw10u.html
for details of James
Derrick's