42 U Rack,,,at last

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: 42 U Rack,,,at last
  • From: geraint@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 20:42:45 -0000

Well,,i finally won that Compaq 42U Rack I was after.

Fourth attempt mind,,,,was out bid in last 10 seconds previous three=20
times, and it nearly happened again..

quite happily plodding along with someone elses bid at =A3310. So with=20
90 seconds t  go, in I sneak in like flash, and put a proxy bid of=20
=A3501.

It's mine,,,at =A3440,,,then in like flint, comes buyer wh  gazumped me=20
before at =A3510....oh god, please isp be quick,,,i get a quick bid in=20
of =A3530 with THREE SECONDS t  go,,,and it's all mine....

Bit more than I wanted t  pay, but hey, I've had a plastered Node0=20
with new flooring, air con and 4 Proliants sat around waiting for=20
rack to put it all in....

I'll get the piccies out soon, i'm very happy with it, so will SWMBO=20
as the 4 20way comsumer units are in there with all the nice LD\AD10=20
modules which haven't been wired. I think she is a bit bored now of=20
the lamp in the hallway into a plugin module for each time she wants=20
t  go upstairs....especially when she found the bill for =A3400 for the=20
Touchlinc, and her comment was....=A3400 just t  switch that effin=20
light on and off....we could have hired someone t  do that for that=20
much.
Point taken.

Anyway the other rack I mentioned sold for =A3275....don't know if=20
anyone on here won it,,,but if they did and want t  part ways with=20
two of the 48way patch panels,,,please let me know,,,,as i'm going t =20
have t  buy enough for 96ports within 2-3 weeks..

Cheers
Geraint.