Re: Sky Digial Installation Help

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Sky Digial Installation Help
  • From: "Mark Pollock" <pollocmc@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 13:47:30 -0000

I did this for the very reasons you say. (I despise cables running
down the outside of houses) I ran my own cable t  the loft and through
a wall box next t  the main t.v. The sky-guy apparently wasn't
supposed to enter loft spaces t  drill the hole for it at the gable
end. But since I'd saved him the bother of having t  run the cable he
did it anyway. If you know exactly where it is going on your wall it
might be best t  drill this hole and poke the cable out. I'm afraid I
wasn't very technical in my choice of cable. I went t  homebase and
bought the dearest _satellite_ co-ax they had. My total (winding under
the bath etc) to get t  the wall box must be 15-20m and I have never
had a signal strength problem.

HTH

mark.

--- In ukha_d@y..., "Steve Edwards" <edwards_sj@y...>