Re: OT: In Car MP3

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: OT: In Car MP3
  • From: geraint@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 19:44:53 -0000

No problem......

it takes the track names from id tags....bear in mind it only reads=20
vx.1 tags and not the newer format that some of us use through=20
musicmatch and ddar's etc.

As far as the file system goes,,,you can have a maximum of 9=20
folders....but get this 253 tracks\folders IN TOTAL....

doesn't cause me a problem, as i don't copy albums as such, I put a=20
load of my favourite songs int  the route directory, and use it for=20
various compilations.

I have never got close t  the limit, as even my biggest cd is about=20
160-170 tracks t tal.

I have also had grief when using overburn discs...i.e 80min ones.

stick t  the 74min, less than 253 tracks and it really is a gem.

I wanted an empeg, but they keep messing about and i believe are now=20
owned by Rio....still a good system, but quite an expensive=20
investment, whereas the Kenwood allows the MP3's, but works just as=20
well as a CD Head Unit, plus changer control.

I have mine running int  two Kenwood amps, and running a 12" sub,=20
7x10's and components up front, and as I use to fit high end systems,=20
it sounds as good as any of the show vehicles i've been in.

It was about =A3400 retail, and at that price very good...at less than=20
=A3250,,,it's a steal.

I also bought the steering wheel remote control for it, and that is a=20
nice touch as well..

If you want more info, i can scan in some of the pages from the=20
manual,,just let me know

cheers

--- In ukha_d@y..., "Keith Doxey" <ukha@d...> wrote:
> Hi Geraint,
>=20
> Could you provide more detail on the file system and on file naming=20
etc.
>=20
> Does it display the track info from the tags or from the filename?
>=20
> Thanks
>=20
> Keith
>=20

has=20

wrote:
> > > There's a new Kenwood head unit that will play MP3s on CD-R
and=20
CD-

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/