OT ? Rope Lights

  • To: "Ukha_D" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: OT ? Rope Lights
  • From: "Nigel Giddings" <nigel.giddings@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 21:08:43 +0100

Guys, and Girls,

I wonder if anyone out there knows of a UK supplier of 230v Rope Light. I
saw this used on one of the American DIY shows for uplighting and then
coincidently bought some as Xmas decorations. The decorations have 2
channels so gives the effect of movement.

The stuff itself is completely sealed/solid and comes in a number of
colours
as well as clear. The best way to describe it is like a solid, translucent,
hose like rope with very small bulbs every inch or so. On the DIY show they
cut it t  the length they wanted and using a special fitting connected it t
some flex, a bit like festoon lighting.

I want t  use this in a light trough associated with a domed bedroom
ceiling, and I want t  use X10 modules to control/dim it so it must not use
transformers. I would like the 3 primary colours so that I could mix and
get
a full range of colours ?

Thanks

Nigel