RE: Re: OT: In Car MP3

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Re: OT: In Car MP3
  • From: "Mark Kaye" <mark@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 21:11:40 +0100

> From: geraint@xxxxxxx
>
> I wanted an empeg, but they keep messing about and i believe are now
> owned by Rio....still a good system, but quite an expensive
> investment, whereas the Kenwood allows the MP3's, but works just as
> well as a CD Head Unit, plus changer control.

What do you mean by empeg 'messing about'?  I have an empeg and it's the
best purchase I have ever made - bar none.  Their customer service is
absolutely fantastic.  I couldn't fault them.  The purchase by Rio has
made no difference t  the company at all, except they now have far
greater resources to d  things they have been wanting t  d  for the
product from the beginning.

Things like Speech recognition on the player are in the works, GPS
integration for sat nav, etc, etc. Lot's of very exciting things coming
from them in the near future.  The big thing about the empeg is the
software.  Until you have played with one you will never really
appreciate what a difference it makes to your listening habits (for the
better).  It's almost impossible to explain as it's a completely
different way of looking at things when you're used t  CD's, MD's,
tapes, etc.  Simple things like choosing a playlist of songs from the
year 1976 (2 clicks on the remote).  Listening to songs that you haven't
listened t  in a while!  Organising playlists in whatever way you like.
Appending to playlists whilst in the middle of one, using any search
criteria for the append (year, genre, title, source), etc.  Amazing
stuff...

Anyway, enough evangelising for now ;)

P.S.  Did I mention the visuals and fully parametric EQ (try finding one
of those on a std head unit).