Sent: Monday, July 23, 2001 11:59 AM
Subject: Re: [ukha_d] [comfort-technical] Interfacing with Homevision and Power Cuts

        Mike, I use these 3 products t gether just as you say - it is really just about delegating the various power fail tasks logically & correctly t the appropriate hardware. I do use a UPS on my main HA PC  as I have found most power outages are very short. You can feedback recovery status from Comfort t HV (or vv) through the i/o ports. Comfort also has a location t do a Response based on power restoration - if you need t know which one I'll find it somewhere. It is not as easily set up as HV's system wide recovery actions but as it is a response you can do anything you need t with perseverence.

        Best way t seamlessly join is the UCM supplemented (if necessary) by a couple of i/o ports. The UCM allows you t resync Comforts state info t ACE quite easily.

        Kevin

PS I don't use Sylva boards - n reason I just don't need them. The HV exp unit currently provides enough i/o for me.

Need some advice really
Comfort isn't affected by power cut because of the Battery
Homevision prides itself on recovering after a power cut
So what is the best way t seamlessly join these two t gether?
I'm thinking of using Sylva boards t interface the two for important stuff
And ACE for general status
I chose that route because of the PC's tendency to crash
But have just realised in a Power out situation the system interface could get terribly out of step
Has any one else run into problems with this?

Mike

Sent from Home