Re: BT caller ID(again)

>I can't remember who it was asking, but just for the record the modems
>mentioned in the "caller ID modem for £15 quid" a short while
ag  don't
>support CID as transmitted by BT.
>Looks like it's time to order a Meteor as every one suggested....
>Unless anybody has one for sale?

I'm sorry t  hear that as it was me who started the whole £15 caller id
modem thing.
As I have said previously I'm with NTL but I didn't think caller id stuff
was that different.
A few things t  try before giving up completely:

Make sure the international setting in the Ham control panel is set t  USA.
Use a terminal program to check caller id before trying anything fancy (e.g
HomeSeer Phone).
The modem has t  be initialised with at+vcid=1 the response should be
"ok"
if not it's not the same modem.

I hope the above helps, if not it looks like the Meteor would be your best
bet, in fact I wouldn't mind one myself t  play around as I like the
advanced features on this unit.
There seems t  be a few people on this list who want one of these. I wonder
if there would be any mileage in a group buy?

Justin