IR circuits

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: IR circuits
  • From: "Campbell Macdonald" <c.macd@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 01:43:23 +0100

I am playing with the IR extender (Ian's pcb's) but am finding the transmitter to be very directional, i.e. must point direct t the tv/video. I have tried 2 IR LED's in series which extends the range but does not widen the area.

I intend to break into one of my Comfort IR emitters, so I can use the existing IR led's. I have 2 concerns with doing this.

1 how do I stop comfort feeding back to Ian's pcb (or the IR extender feeding back to Comfort), would an led (diode) do.

2 How do I broaden the signal area, it seems to work fine with Comfort, but the extender does not seem to get the angle.

The transmitters are mounted into the wall...

any help appreciated
Campbell