OT HP JetDirect 500x

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: OT HP JetDirect 500x
  • From: "Mick Furlong" <dorsai@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 12:33:51 -0000

wondering if any of you guys can help...

I have a HP jetdirect 500x print server connected t  a Lexmark Optra
printer,
the jetdirect configures fine (uses DHCP t  get its address etc) I can
connect t  it and configure it, it also does a test print to the Lexmark, I
can even ftp a file to port 1 on the jetdirect and it will print on the
Lexmark.

What I cannot do is get a successful configuration of the printer on
windows
ME (yes I know ME is a saddo OS but I have a few wrinkles to sort out
before
I convert this machine to W2000).

The HP installer software either fails with an error (something like sd223
but I am not sure as the printer is in another building)and then asks me to
power cycle the printserver and printer, or it says copying file and just
sits there.

Any ideas please?

Mick