RE: HomeVision & Pace NTL IR

Title: RE: [ukha_d] HomeVision & Pace NTL IR
        Tivo had the same problem in that they couldn't control the irda based Pace units (1000 series)- even tried specifically supporting it in the software but it was t o fast without a major rewrite of their ir code. So they commissioned either a RS232 t irda convertor or possibly a generic IR code t irda convertor for this unit - I can't remember which as I didn't pay much attention to the thread.
        Anyway this is the URL of the thread on the Tivo AVS Forum

http://www.avsforum.com/ubbtivo/Forum12/HTML/001575.html

        Kevin

PS haven't read the thread in depth re this Dongle but it may be a wired unit specific to the Tivo

, it strikes me that the best approach would be to use iRDA 'natively'.

What about having a RS232 - IRDA 'adapter'? Apparently, Elektor Electronics had such a project in  Nov. 96. Or it may be possible t use something from JeyEye or similar.

If it works, you should only have t 'learn' serial data rather than awkward IR waveforms.

Steve