Re: Re: OT-ISP-Easynet-ADSL

From: "Timothy Morris" <timothy.morris@xxxxxxx>
To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, July 19, 2001 4:28 PM
Subject: RE: [ukha_d] Re: OT-ISP-Easynet-ADSL
> > and save those of us who won't be able t  get
> > cable or ADSL for >at least< another three years
> > the agony of hearing about it!!!!!
> >
> > Jenni
> >
> D  the sensible thing - move closer t  civilisation.
>
> Tim.

Oh please. Give the tired prejudice a break.

We already live in an urban area, less than 15 miles for Glasgow city
centre, and only one mile from a major industrial park that is home t  the
likes of Cisco and AT&T. I can see the Offices of Thus (Scottish
Telecom)
from my bedroom window.

The problem is that the BT rollout in Scotland is so limited as to be
almost
pointless, and the selection of exchanges to be enabled is
"interesting" t
say the least.

Areas such as Easterhouse and Halfway have been ADSL enabled, despite
having
(in the case of Easterhouse) some of the lowest disposable income in the
country, or (in the case of Halfway) a population of less than two thousand
people.

Of the ten or so people I know who are desperate for Broadband, (all of
whom
live within 10 miles of Glasgow in Urban areas) only one is on an ADSL
enabled exchange.

Ian.