Re: Modems supporting BT Caller ID

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Modems supporting BT Caller ID
  • From: "David" <david.paterson@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 12:17:07 -0000

--- In ukha_d@y..., Stuart Grimshaw <stuart@s...> wrote:

> There was a small thread last month "Result!! - Caller ID Modem
for=20
=A315"=20
> where someone had found a modem that did UK caller ID,  The modem=20
had an=20
> Ambient chipset in it. and last I heard, David Paterson was going=20
t  buy one,=20
> Simple Computers had them in at =A319.99, but as far as I saw he=20
never came=20
> back t  thr group. (But I might have missed it)

When I went t  order one they were out of stock, and still are :{

At that price, even if it's not 100% reliable it's cheap enough t  do
some experimenting with, and I'll definitely get one when they're in
stock again.

Long term something like the Meteor is probably a better way t  go,
but as I'm still designing, testing and working out what I want t  do,
cheap and cheerful is the way t  go at the moment :-)

David P.