Re: Wall plate with multiple TV coax

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Wall plate with multiple TV coax
  • From: Ian Oliver <ioliver.lists@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2001 20:12:26 +0100

Right, four-coax wall-plate built and fitted. New coax run in loft t
form new aerial feed and new aerial t  bedroom. Loads more CT100 also
under the floor downstairs and everything connected t  get the output
of the OnDigital box around the house.

Crap picture. :-(  BBC2 and CH5 are nasty but everything else is fine.
Play around for *ages* with different ways of connecting stuff, and
get inconsistent results.

Finally I start to suspect the four pre-made, in-the-box, drop-leads
that connect my wall-plate and the digibox, VCR and TV. I hack up some
CT100 and slap on decent in-line plugs and sockets.  Much better!

BBC2 could still be improved so I'll get an aerial company to check out
our old aerial and to remove the old cable and directly connect my new
CT100.  For the moment I have set the main TV t  have 10% sharpness on
BB2. Wife says picture is very good. :-)

Lesson:
Don't use cheap leads with pre-moulded connections if you're sending
your TV signals any distance.

Ian Oliver
Sunny Leeds, UK
Using Java on Tini for control via Dallas 1-wire