Re: Homeseer Phone

I have been using the £15 modem for several weeks now. It did stop picking
up caller id at one point but
a restart of HomeSeer Phone sorted it out which makes me think the modem
was
not at fault.

A few points t  consider:
1) In the HaM config control panel the international setting has t  be set
t  USA for CLI t  work.
2) There will be no caller info if there is no number.
3) I have only tested it with NTL. AFAIK they use the same format of CLI as
BT but they drop local codes and use a different string for certain calls
e.g  BT = *Private, NTL = P

Justin

James,
This was on the list a few weeks ago, I think it was Justin that mentioned
Dynamode PCI modem using an Ambient chip.
Problem was that it presented CLI only if the number was available. If it
wasn't it presented nothing.
This modem is available from Simply Computers for £20+VAT. part no MD0219
They also do another Dynamode PCI one that I am using at the moment, MD
0206, same price.
I haven't tried the CLI yet though...

John