ISDN routing

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: ISDN routing
  • From: "James Hoye" <james.hoye@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 16:22:43 +0100

OK, thanks to TeleWest backing out of providing us with a 2Mbps line
(although we'd signed a contract, they decided it was t o expensive to dig
up the road unless we signed up for 2 years) we are back to plan B.

We have 2 ISDN lines (and are currently using 1 64k channel on 1 line for
dialup ISP - BTInternet <spit>).  Cisco say they can provide us with
router/box that will connect all 4 channels and give us 256K access.  Don't
know how much or what they are proposing, but I thought I'd help our system
admin by asking you lot if there are alternatives that you could recommend
(or warn against) so we can compare what's about.

James H