Re: Serial port expansion

Title: Re: [ukha_d] Serial port expansion
        Isn't there a 4 (+) port card anywhere at a reasonable price - ports are like CAT5 runs - never enough. I could do with one to , pref PCI, slots are to precious for 2 port cards. I think the cost poss goes up as the ability to handle so many different interrupts becomes a problem, do the larger cards handle their ports through just one interrupt perhaps ? I know some have on board intelligence and buffering.

        I do have a USB 4 port serial adaptor (£90) on one machine but they stopped making them in favour of multifunction versions ( 1S 1P + USB's). Wish I'd bought a couple more.

        Kevin

Don't think this is OT, but anyway,
I am running W2K and in desperate need of more serial ports t control all the gadgets.
Can anyone recommend any add-on cards?. I have looked at some, but these all seem to be several hundred pounds?!?!
A card with min of two ports needed, but more would be better.
Any suggestions? (of any kind)
cheers
John