Re: [OT] Auction Watching Software

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [OT] Auction Watching Software
  • From: Kevin Hawkins <tivo@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2001 10:27:33 +0100

Title: [ukha_d] Re: [OT] Auction Watching Software
        Ahhh ..I was looking for a standalone application which is why I missed this - of course the modern style is 'use my app' not own your own ! ( a la Bill Gates ).

        First impressions, looks professional, promising, - however missing the UK sites eg Freeserve, QXL. Maybe still an opening for a UK version ? However they have obviously put a lot of time and effort int their site already and I'm sure could add UK localisation very easily making a UK competitor a short lived option. Will keep looking for the moment.

        Thanks Stuart, did you find this by accident by checking the auctionwatch domain ?

        Kevin

When I read this message, I thought, "wow, what a brilliant idea for
a website. I'm going to have a go at this. I'll call it AuctionWatch
and have it search all the major auction sites, t keep my site in
the browsers mide, I can display the results from other sites in a
frame with my logo at the t p, and email out reccuring search alerst
and the like."

Then I found www.auctionwatch.com does what they do sound familiar :-)