RE: Showshift advice needed

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Showshift advice needed
  • From: "Dr John Tankard" <john@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2001 07:50:08 +0100

> That's a nice spec of machine! No probs with the CPU, but I'd
> say it depends a lot on your current hard disc activity.
> Frames are likely to be dropped if other apps are accessing
> the drive @ the same time. Obviously best thing to do is suck
> it & see.

I tried it and you are correct the server is not the place for it, I have
now put it on a much lower spec pc 750 Athlon, and put this next t  the TV
(that reminds me I need some black paint)

> My ATI A-I-W Pro128 (with WDM drivers under Win2Kpro) has
> been 100% stable so Radeon should be the same.

I am having problems when either ShowShifting or recording, during playback
after about 30 seconds the video playback enters a 1 second loop, sound is
ok. I have posted a message on the SS list so I will have to wait to get it
fixed, I am sure its something simple

> Remember you can set your digibox to change channels for you
> now with the personal planner so you may be able t  d
> without the IR control.

That's a good idea, but Jacqui says the keyboard and mouse have to go !
(actually I am going to hide a RF one behind my seat) of I am thinking of
getting a IRman and reprogramming my pront  again ! that should be a
challenge with only 2% of space left.

Have a nice holiday

John