Phone related question

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Phone related question
  • From: "Robin Edwards" <robin@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2001 20:59:35 +0100

Folks,
    Hope somebody can help with this.   Following the Homebase thread I checked out Stockport and Altrincham stores and now instead of just thinking about it I'm on the slope.  Ended up with two PC and one wireless kit.  Keeping the spare PC interface in case of failure.  So, now I'm moving things around to get a small 'study/HA area', as I'm limited on # of rooms.

    To do all this I need to move my phones (I've got BT HH).  Talked to BT but they wanted a huge amount to move the box.  So I had spare cable they left at install, enough to extend from te HH box to the new site.  I've laid the cable, it seems to have 8 inner cores.  What I'd like t do is split those out so I can extend both analog lines.  Where can I get the bits t do this/what do I need.  I've got two sockets that I've never used so they can go on far end but guess I'm stuck at this point, unless somebody can help me out with advice.

    For the digital connection I laid a CAT5 cable, and tested, but cant walk down two flights of stairs t answer phone (thin tall house!!)

    Thanks in advance, robin