Re: Motion Detection Software

Title: Re: [ukha_d] Motion Detection Software
        Hi Steve, I found a good site that listed all the motion detection software available I'll dig the url out and post it here.

        Re the tape startup speed - yes this is a problem unless you can trigger earler eg move a pir sensor to further down your drive. When a pc is used although the new recording startup time can be very much quicker the real plus is that you can actually have a buffered recording so that you can actually capture a short while before the trigger as well - it's the way to go.

        I had hoped that a TIVO could be hacked to allow timelapse / full speed during alarm but that hasn't appeared yet ! You can kludge snippets of recorded activities though but it suffers from a slight snip at the beginning - at least until the v2 software is released in the UK. (This allows recording of buffer t disk).

        I use Gotcah http://www.gotchanow.com , also  have a look at http://www.Webcam-Control-Center.com/ which captures blackbirds !

        Kevin

Folks

Can anyone give me a few links or pointers for motion detection software.
All I want t do is use my PC to record the video images.

I have been using the video but by the time the video starts up the action
has gone.  Based on the fact that Michael Mc Aree managed to catch a
blackbird mid flight late last month, I'm guessing capturing the images or
video on computer is quicker.

Cheers

Steve