Re: Re: Homebase AirCon Units - TOO LATE!

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Re: Homebase AirCon Units - TOO LATE!
  • From: "Paul Gordon" <paul_gordon@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2001 08:02:16 +0100

>I am now going t  scour the other local store and will let people
>know if they have any knocking around now I know not to look where
>they should be. If I do come across one or two, do you want me to buy
>and work out some way of getting it to you later (I am in Derby) or
>just let you know? Not sure if HB will ship between stores,
>particularly for clearance stuff.

Thanks, - but I'm OK for the mo, - I got a 7000, my local HB still had a
single 9000 left last time I was there (a few days ago), but I'd have a
very
hard time convincing SWMBO that we need another one. HOWEVER, that said, I
(much like Phil) can't resist a bargain, so I'd consider getting either a
9000 or a split if the price was right. - by which I mean anything less
than
about £150 (I Paid £164 for the 7000, s  the only way I could get another
one by SWMBO is by convincing her that I managed t  get a better unit for
less money...

>I am also hoping they still have a few X10 bits left since I managed
>to pick up a lamp module t day in the air con store despite having
>cleared them out a while back. Also want to check up on camera stocks
>to try and pick a few up while they are on clearance.

Hmm... thats interesting, - I'll go & check again with my local HB's -
believe I've already cleared them out of the individual modules, but
perhaps
the droids don't actually bother to look very hard in the store room...
BTW,
I know one of my local stores has at the very least, one each of all 3 type
of kit, - as they are in a locked display case right by the front door,
still with the wrong price stickers on them!! - marked up at £49 and £89 -
no wonder they haven't sold them t  the "general public" :-))

Paul G.