Automating attic lighting

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Automating attic lighting
  • From: "Mark Hetherington" <mark.egroups@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2001 21:17:39 -0000

Currently lighting in my attic is provided by a fluroscent attached=20
t  a flex which has to be plugged in on the landing. At this point it=20
is currently controlled with an AM that is usually in this socket=20
anyway.=20

It would be preferable to fit this light permanently with a dedicated=20
X10 unit.=20

Originally I was considering using an AD10 and setting up a proper=20
extension t  the lighting circuit t  accomodate a switch and power=20
the light.=20

However, while chatting with the Network Admin at work today, he=20
suggested an easier option would be fitting a socket (that would be=20
purely for this light since the lighting ciruit is obviously not=20
rated for mains power of appliances) which would provide the switch=20
and power in a single line and retain the existing flex and plug on=20
the fluorescent while also allowing plugging in of a lamp for light=20
if/when the tube needs replacing.=20

I assume this is as simple as merely taking a single feed from the=20
lighting circuit t  where I want the socket (i.e. the T&E which=20
powers the lighting circuit).=20

Will this system be OK for an appliance module? With the homebase=20
clearout I have spare modules so rather than spend =A335 on a DIN=20
module I may as well use a =A37.50 Applicance module.

Any comments or caveats appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark.