Re: Fw: DS18S20 One-Wire Thermometers

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Fw: DS18S20 One-Wire Thermometers
  • From: "Paul Gordon" <paul_gordon@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2001 15:57:00 +0100

This looks pretty good t  me... could be the sort of thing I might want to
use (i.e. off the shelf - I don't have the time t  build stuff!). I checked
the shipping costs from the U.S. it's $10 (or less than Scan charge t  ship
a memory module from Bolton!). Before I go int  my Phil impersonation again
and start ordering stuff, I was just wondering if anybody knows the
following:

Is there any other device available off the shelf that does the same
function, either at a lower cost, or available locally from the U.K?

If there isn't anything else that's ready t  use out of the box, (i.e does
NOT require self-assembly), then is anyone interested in trying to make a
group purchase?

- remember, the important thing for me is that I am looking for a plug
&
play device that I don't have t  build myself, - I'm sure it would be
possible t  source all the components locally, and make it up for quite a
bit less, but I just don't have the time t  do that....

Paul G.

>Just received this...
>
>M.
>

>This product from Midon design might be worth looking int  everone one
on
>the mailing list seems to want to montior temperature
>
>http://www.midondesign.com/
>

>http://209.186.14.81/Temp05/Temp05.html
>
>Enclosed information from site
>
>In my application (see Figure 1), the TEMP05 is connected t  a PC
running
>HomeSeer, a home automation package available from HomeSeer
Technologies.