Re: This mail group

Hey Calum,

Don't get upset mate.

First, I am relaying my opinion, not picking a fight, secondly, this is
because of *experience* not just some head-in-the-dirt outlook.

I can remember when a USenet connection was first put in at Strathclyde
Uni,
I was there as a 2nd year, using the DEC VAX cluster on a VT210 terminal.

Usenet was great, but is now *absolute bollocks*. It's nothing more than a
global porn advert distribution network, with optional spam address
collection.

I recently used a new address in some of the groups I am active in. Now, tw
weeks on, I am getting ten t  twelve bits of crap a day, nearly three times
more than I get on my regular mail address.

There's a though for you: talking about a mirror between the list and
Usenet: you better strip out email addresses as you go, otherwise, you will
be signing up maillist users for usenet spam-by-the-bucket.

Remember when we hived off the MP3 list? any idea how many posts there were
there last month? try *four* How many Mp3 posts have there been in the main
group since then? darn site more than four...

Ian.