Re: Too many messages...

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Too many messages...
  • From: "Nick Broughton" <mail@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2001 23:35:10 +0100

I'm a bit behind with my emails at the moment.  We had family staying for a
couple of days last week, s  I didn't read much then, and I was away for
most of the weekend.  I had 500 emails from this list on Sunday afternoon!

I'm still against losing information off the list, but can't we do
something
'chatish' for more informal banter (like Phil and Pauls late night
exchange,
or the "my car's bigger than your dads" competition).  I know I'm
probably
repeating other postings here.   I've never been a big 'chat' user so I've
no idea what the relative merits of the chat formats, ICQ, MSN, AOL, IM (or
whatever) are, (some of these look like ISP's s  I assume they hang off
those ISP's).  One option I don't think I've seen mentioned though is a
'chat room' on Marks site.  Have I missed this, or is there something wrong
with it?  Then these exchanges could quickly be stopped with a 'see you in
that chat room' message.  What I could be missing is that the chatroom
would
still need us all to have client software for the same format, if s  then,
t  coin a phrase, "I'll get me coat".

2p.

Nick