Re: IRC

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: IRC
  • From: "Mark Hetherington" <mark.egroups@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2001 13:34:01 -0000

--- In ukha_d@y..., "Mark Hetherington" <mark.egroups@m...>
wrote:
> If it is of any use t  the group, I am a partner in an IRC network
> with the primary server located in London, UK and a full set of IRC
> services similar t  those Dalnet i.e. Nickserv Chanserv and
Memoserv.
> IIRC Efnet does not offer services on their network which is often
> the cause of the takeovers that were very common on my last visit
> there.

I have setup a #ukha channel on the network and installed the network
bot (CTCP) t  perform logging, stats and webpage echo. Just waiting
for the the setup to upload at which point the following should
appear:

Channel web echo:
http://www.ctcp.net/channels/ukha/live.html
Channel stats:
http://www.ctcp.net/channels/ukha/stats.html
Channel log archives (temporary):
http://www.ctcp.net/channels/ukha/logs.html

Holding pages should be there immediately until the scripts kick in.

Ultimately it would probably be more useful to limit the log archives
or host them elsewhere depending on how popular IRC became, therefore
how large the logs.

Primary server is irc.ctcp.net port 6667 with other servers listed
along with help for services etc on http://www.ctcp.net.

IDENT is not required t  join the network.

If Mark McCall or someone else wants the founder rights t  the
channel, let me know and I will transfer it accordingly.

By registering your nickname you can be easily added t  the ops list
for the channel and be auto opped on join by chanserv.

Hope this is of some use t  the group.

Mark.