RE: AV Room

  • To: ukha_d <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: AV Room
  • From: Keith Doxey <ukha@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2001 10:09:08 +0100

That just deadens reflections and echoes within the room.

It doesnt stop sound escaping. It will travel through any solid material. To properly kill it you need all kinds of floating walls etc.

There was a system on Tomorrows World about 20 years ago using "Anti-Noise" where you generate an equal but opposite level of sound which when summed t gether produces silence. OK for known noise like Aircon drone etc but not very good for dynamic sound such as music or movie effects. Also requires SERIOUS computing power and lots of Amps/Speakers/Mics for the Antinoise.

Keith