Re: X10 question

There are a couple of things you can try:

How big is your house, ie how far away is the thing you're trying to
control?
Unless you live in a mansion this is unlikely t  be a problem. Just t  rule
this out, try locating your CM12U as close to the middle of the house as
you
can and see if that make any difference to which rooms work and which
don't.

What's more likely is that there is some interferecne coming from
something.
Try unplugging things t  see if the problem goes away. It's more than
likely
that something is killing the X10 signal with it's interference (and I seem
to remember certain brand of TV are worse for this than others.)

I als  know that there are people on the list who have had the same problem
as you too.

On Sunday 01 July 2001 21:54 pm, you wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have finally got round t  starting on our Sitting Room/Home Cinema
and
> have been planning to use X10 for lighting control etc.
>
> Before I started to place orders for the modules I need (and hopefully
> Pronto if I can convince SWMBO), thought I would play around with my
> existing "Take Control" starter kit I got from Homebase last
year to try
> and show the missis how clever it was. Horror upon horror, plug in the
> lighting module, set up the Active Home software, click the switch and
> ..... nothing! Check the lamp works in that socket OK - yes. Try again
-
> still nothing. Move lamp and LM12U to another socket ( just next to
the
> CM12U) and ... it works, try in the kitchen - it works... try in the
family
> room - nothing, hall, nothing, sitting room... nothing.
>
> We only have one phase and one consumer unit... how come I cannot
control
> in all the rooms.... this is quite worrying.. I can see all my schemes
> falling round my ears here!!
>
> Any ideas out there?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Alex Durkin