X10 question

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: X10 question
  • From: "alexpd" <alexpd@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2001 21:54:24 +0100

Hi all,

I have finally got round t  starting on our Sitting Room/Home Cinema and
have been planning to use X10 for lighting control etc.

Before I started t  place orders for the modules I need (and hopefully a
Pront  if I can convince SWMBO), thought I would play around with my
existing "Take Control" starter kit I got from Homebase last year
t  try and
show the missis how clever it was. Horror upon horror, plug in the lighting
module, set up the Active Home software, click the switch and .....
nothing!
Check the lamp works in that socket OK - yes. Try again - still nothing.
Move lamp and LM12U to another socket ( just next t  the CM12U) and ... it
works, try in the kitchen - it works... try in the family room - nothing,
hall, nothing, sitting room... nothing.

We only have one phase and one consumer unit... how come I cannot control
in
all the rooms.... this is quite worrying.. I can see all my schemes falling
round my ears here!!

Any ideas out there?

Thanks in advance

Alex Durkin