RE: New poll for ukha_d

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: New poll for ukha_d
  • From: "Paul Gordon" <paul_gordon@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 01 Jul 2001 20:09:28 +0100

Here Here! - and sorry again for the excess traffic!

As a direct result of last nights banter, several people are now set up
with
MSN IM, and about 6 people are now added t  my buddy list thast weren't
there before...

I think Phil & I have both learned our lesson... (Paul looks
sheepish...),
and we are both now on IM and will, if the need ever arises again t
conduct
drunken inane ramblings at 3 in the morning, use that t  do so... - anyone
who wants to join in is welcome!

Paul G.  (ba-aaaahhh)

>From: "Mick Furlong" <dorsai@xxxxxxx>
>To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
>Subject: RE: [ukha_d] New poll for ukha_d
>Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2001 19:14:16 +0100
>
>Sorry folks it is a year since I was on a modem link (thank heavens!),
how
>long did it take people t  download the emails from last night?
>
>In any case I think that we risk spoiling all the good stuff that comes
>through if we move stuff ont  IRC or IM. I think IRC is great for
certain
>things but it cannot replace the mailing list (and I have been using
IRC
>for
>a lot of years). Ok you can log the channels but then either someone
has t
>edit it or we will have to read through the chat t  get to the meat.
>
>As t  Phil Paul and anyone else  posting OT drunken drivel to the list
(I
>recall doing it myself on occasion) well I find it good fun. I was
stone
>cold sober last night and had a good laugh at Phil and Paul antics as
did a
>few others I think. This is supposed t  be fun lets not take it t
>seriously.
>
>So my vote is use the list for most things and IRC or IM only for
limited
>uses
>
>Mick.

Windows
> > platform, those users that are running another OS are usually
very
> > computer literate and can adapt easily t  alternatives on their
chosen
> > OS.
> >
> > K.

because where I am a
> > normal
> > > modem runs at about 1.4k/sec so I do know what it's like t
have to
> > wait for
> > > large numbers of mails t  download.
> > >
> > > Phil

these can be
rather than just
something ... email
recorded which can
email t  the
> > list,

> > many

> > and

lot of

going t  work

rather than

"conversation" as

something t

> > I'm
going elsewhere
> > for
as good support
fragmenting the

missed I'll

that they

ability t  jump in
> > on
group was t

never will we
1320.

> > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

> > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
> > >

> > --
> > Calum Morrell
> > The Morrell Group
> > Tel : 0709 214 1538
> > Fax : 0870 131 5408
> >
> > "For as long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will
we on any
> > conditions be brought under English rule. It is not for glory,
nor
> > riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for
that
> > alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."
From The