RE: New poll for ukha_d

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: New poll for ukha_d
  • From: "Phil Harris" <phillip.harris1@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2001 17:55:48 +0100

Looking at it with my sensible hat on ... there's a lot of people get a lot
of usefull information from the group. IRC isn't going t  work so well as
it
depends on a conversation taking place in real time rather than via email
where the two parties can leave and join a "conversation" as they
feel like
it and others can join in when they feel they have something to contribute.

If people have been put off the group by last nights sillyness then I'm
afraid thats my fault and rather than them consider going elsewhere for
information (which I really don't think they'll get as good support
elsewhere as people give here) *OR* consider fragmenting the list over int
IRC where I think lots of good information will get missed I'll g
walkabout
for a bit and let people breathe a little easier that they won't get floods
of my conversations.

Basically I think it will detract from the groups ability to jump in on
conversations or contribute after the fact if this group was to split int
an IRC section and an email based section.

Phil

Groups