[OT]'ish - Genies' Free Sim Offer

--============_-1218129511==_ma============
C ntent-Typ(: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" ;
format="flowed"

Genie (www.genie.co.uk) are currently offering a free pay as
you go Sim card t  anyone wh  contacts them before midnight t night.
Don't know what the catch is here but they also imply you get free
sms messaging with this sim. However everytime I have called (any of)
the numbers given I get "the other party has hung up" . A typical
phone system queuing config problem I guess.

I guess if they are free these could be useful - if your
phone has a serial port on it can you send sms from a pc and receive
them t  a pc ??- if so it's ideal for use with for a HA remote
c ntrol / reporting system with a spare phone that i'm sure we all
have - Phils probably got a dozen in his loft if you haven't.

Kevin

If anyone does get through let me know - I did ring at 1 AM
last night (it was that, AA or the Samaritans after reading the posts
from UKHA) - it rang and rang - it was a freephone no and not
answered before I fell asleep ( I left phone off hook all night and
get wailing on the line sometime around dawn).

--
--============_-1218129511==_ma============
C ntent-Typ(: text/html; charset=US-ASCII

<!doctyp( html public "-//W3C//DTD W3 HTML//EN">
blockquote, dl, ul, ol, li { padding-top: 0 ; padding-bottom: 0 }
--></style><title>[OT]'ish - Genies' Free Sim
</x-tab><f nt
face="Arial" size="-1"
color="#0000FF">Genie (www.genie.co.uk) are
currently offering a free pay as you go Sim card t  anyone wh
c ntacts them before midnight t night</f nt>. Don't know what the
catch is here but they also imply you get free sms messaging with this
sim. However everytime I have called (any of) the numbers given I get
&quot;the other party has hung up&quot; . A typical phone system
queuing config problem I guess.</div>
</x-tab>I guess
if they are free these could be useful - if your phone has a serial
port on it can you send sms from a pc and receive them t  a pc ??- if
so it's ideal for use with for a HA remote c ntrol / reporting system
with a spare phone that i'm sure we all have - Phils probably got a
dozen in his loft if you haven't.</div>
</x-tab>Kevin</div>
</x-tab>If
anyone does get through let me know - I did ring at 1 AM last night
(it was that, AA or the Samaritans after reading the posts from UKHA)
- it rang and rang - it was a freephone no and not answered before I
fell asleep ( I left phone off hook all night and get wailing on the
line sometime around dawn).</div>
<x-sigsep><pre>--
</pre></x-sigsep>

<tt>