(OT) Threaded Mail Reader for UKHA

--============_-1218130700==_ma============
C ntent-Typ(: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" ;
format="flowed"

Following last nights bandwidth saturation I was
c ntemplating how to best filter the noise.
I think an IRC channel would be ideal, there are enough
permanently connected members and enough traffic to keep it available
it would seem (even through the small hours). Maybe we wouldn't even
need a bot !
MSN is great but I don't think you can easily subdivide your
chat int  groups can you eg the UKHA lot and others..?
On the maillist side does anyone actually use a client that
properly threads messages in the heirachy they were posted in. ie one
original and then many responses some of which spawn there own
heirachy ? I know my client will only thread based on title and time
of response ? Would be interested. Not even sure if the info is there
in the headers to do this.
Anyway I learnt something from last nights postings - how to
use the filtering and rules in Eudora ! So thanks lads - it was an
education ! Four combinations of OT Ot oT and ot now set up and
something to check if your firstname starts with P (sorry
Peter,Patrick, Pedro, Primoz and pollocmc  I'll recover yours with a
new rule ). It's less messages to move this way ;) (NASS)
I would just mention that I really do enjoy the list and it's
characters and that I don't want any major upheaval of the style -
the loudest characters have some of the most pervasive (& perverse)
knowledge & have been most helpful to me both in this group and
offlist.  I just want it more manageable from my side depending on my
mood / alcohol intake at any one time - and who's reading over my
shoulder.

Kevin
--
--============_-1218130700==_ma============
C ntent-Typ(: text/html; charset=US-ASCII

<!doctyp( html public "-//W3C//DTD W3 HTML//EN">
blockquote, dl, ul, ol, li { padding-top: 0 ; padding-bottom: 0 }
--></style><title>(OT) Threaded Mail Reader for
</x-tab>Following last nights bandwidth saturation</tt> I was
c ntemplating how to best filter the noise.</div>
</x-tab>I think
an IRC channel would be ideal, there are enough permanently connected
members and enough traffic to keep it available it would seem (even
through the small hours). Maybe we wouldn't even need a bot !</div>
</x-tab>MSN is
great but I don't think you can easily subdivide your chat int  groups
can you eg the UKHA lot and others..?</div>
</x-tab>On the
maillist side does anyone actually use a client that properly threads
messages in the heirachy they were posted in. ie one original and then
many responses some of which spawn there own heirachy ? I know my
client will only thread based on title and time of response ? Would be
interested. Not even sure if the info is there in the headers to do
this.</div>
</x-tab>Anyway
I learnt something from last nights postings - how to use the
filtering and rules in Eudora ! So thanks lads - it was an education !
Four combinations of OT Ot oT and ot now set up and something to check
if your firstname starts with P (sorry Peter,Patrick, Pedro, Primoz
and pollocmc&nbsp; I'll recover yours with a new rule ). It's less
messages to move this way ;) (NASS)</div>
</x-tab>I would
just mention that I really do enjoy the list and it's characters and
that I don't want any major upheaval of the style - the loudest
characters have some of the most pervasive (&amp; perverse) knowledge
&amp; have been most helpful to me both in this group and
offlist.&nbsp;
I just want it more manageable from my side depending on my mood /
alcohol intake at any one time - and who's reading over my
shoulder.</div>
</x-tab>Kevin</div>
<x-sigsep><pre>--
</pre></x-sigsep>