RE: Re: Video Distribution

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Re: Video Distribution
  • From: "Keith Doxey" <ukha@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2001 10:15:59 +0100

You either need purpose installed daisy chained wiring (NOT recommended) or
two cables running t  each location where you are having a receiver home
run
to your patch panel.

Cable from RJ45 wall socket where TX is located to Patch Panel.

For Each Intermediate Receiver
Patch cord from <wherever> to <PatchPanel cable1 to receiver
RJ45>
<cable1> and <cable2> terminate on SAME RJ45 Socket
<PatchPanel cable2 from receiver RJ45>
Next

Finally Patchcord to socket for final reciever (ONLY SINGLE CABLE)

Use short patch cords from wall socket t  each receiver
Intermediate receivers need the termination resistors removing
End receiver MUST be terminated.

Please bear in mind that KAT5 was designed as Point-Point not multidrop but
I have experimented with multiple receivers on one transmitter and using 4
receivers on one transmitter everything appeared fine but cannot guarantee
that it will be perfect in every case. I was unable to try with long
lenghts
of cable. Once the switcher is available you can then revert t  Point-Point
links.

Keith

distribute