From the retailer i worked for the discount on basic x10 modules was appr=
ox 7 quid. With discount there was always profit left................ Room
=
for a price cut ?

----- Original Message -----=20
From: K. C. Li=20
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx=20
Sent: Saturday, June 30, 20ec 9:05 PM
Subject: Re: [ukha_d] X-10 on eBay and our prices.

>   It certainly is the reason i have never puchased a uk x10 module.
> Yet i have approx 30 X10 units here.

I respect your reasoning but if you are suggesting that the high price of
X-10 modules in the UK is the result of UK HA companies ripping people
off, you are very much mistaken.

>   Having briefly worked in uk retail i seriously doubt homebase have
> made any loss on the x10 kit overall.

That depends on how many kits Homebase has sold beforehand. The factory
price, no middleman but directly from the factory in X-10 Hong Kong/China=
,
for a single UK appliance or lamp module is over =A310 if purchased in
quantities of many thousands. This price doesn't include additional costs
that have to be added such as transport, import duties, insurance,
packaging, etc. I don't know which high-margin UK retail business you hav=
been involved in but even companies the size of Homebase will not be able
to avoid making a loss on the current price they are selling their X-10
products at.

Regards,

Kwong Li
li@xxxxxxx
Laser Business Systems Ltd.
http://www.laser.com

------=_NextPart_000_00E0_01C101BD.7112F8C0
C ntent-Typ(: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1
C ntent-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0
Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=3DC ntent-Typ( content=3D"text/html;
charset=3Diso-8859-1"=

<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2462.0" nam(=3DGENERATOR>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
style=3D"PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px;
BORDER-LE=
FT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
<DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial">I wasn't suggesting you
where ripping any=
one off=20
but it seems to me that somewhere along the line sombody is. Many times o=
ver.=20
The last lamp modules i bought where&nbsp;4 dollars each.</DIV>
<DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial">&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial">I still feel the cost is a
factor in hold=
ing=20
back X10 in the UK and for so long.</DIV>
<DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial">&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial">Yes i agree that on some
individual kits=
=20
homebase will have made a loss but not overall on the quantaties and X10 =
range=20
they have shifted. Some of these kits where oringinally as i recall somew=
here=20
around 100 quid.</DIV>
<DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial">&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial">From the retailer i worked
for the discou=
nt on=20
basic x10 modules was approx 7 quid. With discount there was=20
always&nbsp;profit left................ Room for a price cut
?</DIV>
<DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial">&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial">&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial">&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial">----- Original Message
----- </DIV>
<DIV=20
style=3D"BACKGROUND: #e4e4e4; FONT: 10pt arial; font-color:
black"><B>Fro=
m:</B>=20
<A title=3Dli@xxxxxxx href=3D"mailto:li@xxxxxxx";>K. C.
Li</A> </DIV>
<DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>To:</B>
<A title=3Dukha_d@yahoogroups.=
com=20
href=3D"mailto:ukha_d@xxxxxxx";>ukha_d@xxxxxxx</A>
</DIV>
<DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B>
Saturday, June 30, 20ec 9:05=
=20
PM</DIV>
<DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B>
Re: [ukha_d] X-10 on eBay=
and=20
our prices.</DIV>
<DIV><BR></DIV><TT>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; It
certainly is the reason i have nev=
er=20
puchased a uk x10 module.<BR>&gt; Yet i have approx 30 X10
units=20
here.<BR><BR>I respect your reasoning but if you are suggesting
that the =
high=20
price of<BR>X-10 modules in the UK is the result of UK HA companies
rippi=
ng=20
people<BR>off, you are very much
mistaken.<BR><BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; Having=
=20
briefly worked in uk retail i seriously doubt homebase
have<BR>&gt; made =
any=20
loss on the x10 kit overall.<BR><BR>That depends on how many
kits Homebas=
e has=20
sold beforehand. The factory<BR>price, no middleman but directly from
the=
=20
factory in X-10 Hong Kong/China,<BR>for a single UK appliance or lamp
mod=
ule=20
is over =A310 if purchased in<BR>quantities of many thousands. This
price=
=20
doesn't include additional costs<BR>that have to be added such as
transpo=
rt,=20
import duties, insurance,<BR>packaging, etc. I don't know which
high-marg=
in UK=20
retail business you have<BR>been involved in but even companies the
size =
of=20
Homebase will not be able<BR>to avoid making a loss on the current
price =
they=20
are selling their X-10<BR>products
at.<BR><BR>Regards,<BR><BR>Kwong=20
Li<BR>li@xxxxxxx<BR>Laser Business Systems
Ltd.<BR><A=20
href=3D"http://www.laser.com";>http://www.laser.com</A><BR><BR></TT><BR><T=
T><BR><BR>____________________________________<BR>Automated=20
Home UK<BR><A=20
href=3D"http://www.automatedhome.co.uk";>http://www.automatedhome.co.uk</A=
<BR><BR><TT>Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the
<A=20
href=3D"http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/";>Yahoo!
Terms of Service</A>.</=
TT>=20