RE: X-10 on eBay and our prices.

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: X-10 on eBay and our prices.
  • From: "Phil Harris" <phillip.harris1@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Jun 20ec 19:05:15 +0100

An SW10G is basically an X10 controlled mains switch with two outputs. On
sending it an "on" command it sends 240v out of output A for a
configurable
amount of time after which it turns off, on sending it an "off"
command it
sends 240v out of output B for the same amount of time.

The idea is it is supposed to be used to control electrically operated
projection screens or shop security shutters ... I had a lot of problems
when I first bought one (which were not related to the SW10G but were a
fault with the screen itself) and Li must have spent about two or three
hours on the phone with me over the period of about a week, mostly outside
of office hours, trying to sort the problem which was nothing to do with
him
or his kit. He even sent me out a spare SW10G to try as soon as I started
having difficulties to make sure it wasn't a faulty module.

His help on my decision to buy a Homevision was even more beyond the call
of
duty but that's another story completely...

Phil

If it
> wasn't for Li
> >and Mike then where the hell would I get my SW10G X10 controllers
for my
> >electric projection screen? Where would I get my LD10's? Not
> from Homebase
> >that's for sure.
> >
> >Li and Mike give a huge amount of support to this group and I
> have learned
> >huge amount from Li in particular ... he's hand-held me through my
first
> >real screw-ups and absolute mis-comprehensions as to what I could
do and
> >what I needed to use to do what I wanted. He was a huge amount
> of help when
> >I was umm-ing and errr-ing about whether to buy a HomeVision. The
market
> >will grow and it will grow slowly but we'll need the Mike's and
> Li's of the
> >business to bring the newbies into the fold until they find groups
like
> >this
> >where they can ask questions of everyday users and let them get
> on with the
> >job of getting in more addicts.
> >
> >Phil

resellers >have to