X-10 on eBay and our prices.

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: X-10 on eBay and our prices.
  • From: Dave McLaughlin <dave@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Jun 20ec 12:17:50 +0100

Why do we in the UK pay so much for X-10 equipment.

I have just searched eBay for X-10 stuff and come up with hundreds of
bargains. Even the new price is way below what we pay.

On another subject.

I would like to build some interfaces that can transmit X-10 commands. Does
anyone have any schematics for X-10 in the UK and what are the implications
of me doing my own designs for my own use? Would I be in breach of the
copyright or would this only apply if I sold the items. I have very good
programming and design experience with the Atmel AVR and I think I could
come up with some really neat designs that could be embedded into
appliances instead of plug in modules. I could also do some custom stuff
with for instance, multiple input triggering, multiple outputs from only 1
X-10 interface (but multiple ID's) etc.

I have access to low cost PCB production in one off quantities so cost
would be much lower (and a lot more fun into the bargain)

Regards
Dave...