ePODs (this will be my last post on the subject I promise !)

  • To: "UKHA List \(E-mail\)" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: ePODs (this will be my last post on the subject I promise !)
  • From: "Graham Howe" <graham@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2001 11:01:15 -0000

OK several people have asked me about selling ePODs, as most of you know I
have 14 of them at home. As of yesterday I am now without contract and
intend to spend the next month on HA stuff (combination of installation and
development of a web front end for use with ePODs). I bought the ePODs with
the intention of selling them (or possibly loaning them) to installers and
end users as demo equipment (obviously linked to sale of any software I
develop).

However I am now getting concerned that the stocks may completely dry up
and
therefore it might be a problem demonstrating something that can not be
bought. So here is my suggestion, as part of the development I will need to
hack all the ePODs (latest v2 + ie4) and also test them with wireless cards
(Orinoco are the ones I have at the moment). I will then be willing to sell
the ePODs at the end of Feb, at £230 each plus P+P.

As I said before, I did not intend to make a massive profit out of these
units, the £30 mark up covers my time in hacking them and of course the
risk
that I may end up with some dead units. If you think I am asking too much
then you don't have to buy one, I think it will be a very fair price
(especially in a months time when they may well be impossible to get hold
of).

I can not guarantee how many will be available and so I don't want to take
any advance orders, but if you want to send me an email I will keep you
name
on file and let you know as soon as they are available. I will only sell
hacked units as described above and I will only sell them for £230 each. I
trust that anyone who buys one will want it for personal use and therefore
think it will be sensible to limit it to one per person (it would be rather
annoying if I was selling them well below market value only for the
purchaser to sell them on).

I appologise if anyone feels that this is an inappropriate use of the list,
it is not intended to be a commercial advertisement and I promise not to
mention this again. Please feel free to email me direct with any questions
or to register an interest.

Regards

Graham