RE: Epods Terminal Server

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: Epods Terminal Server
  • From: REB.Barnett@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 09:19:27 -0000

According to advice on the ePODs board, W2K can be configured to provide
terminal services in 'admin' mode, which limits you to 3 licenses at no
additional cost?

As a tip for anyone planning to install Terminal Services to play with,
based on my experience with NT4, there are a few gotchas. You *must* put TS
into 'app install mode' before installing applications, otherwise you can
get really screwy results. Under NT4TS, do this by dropping to a command
prompt and running "CHANGE USER /INSTALL".

I also found plenty of stuff plain didn't like TS - e.g. VB6 and scanner
drivers/software.

Ray.