RE: Re: epods - problem !

> I am using Win 2000 Server with Terminal Services.  I also
> have a Linksys
> wireless lan and the ePod is FAST!  You won't believe what a
> nice setup this
> really is.  My HomeVision web pages respond almost instantly
> - as fast as if
> I were at the Win 2000 pc.

Nice isn't it

> I don't have any audio either, but haven't checked into it to
> see if that is
> possible.

Audio is not possible with the Standard WIN2K TS, however the Citrix
Metaframe add-on does support Sound (more money however)

> I also ran VNC on the Win 2000 pc and on the ePod - no
> comparison!  VNC
> works, but is very slow.

VNC even on a standard PC is SLOW !

> The problem with this setup, as another user already
> mentioned, is the cost
> of Win 2000 Server and terminal services licenses.  But, only moderate
> hardware is required.  My server is only a Celeron 366 with
> 192 meg ram.  So
> far, I have only had 1 client active at a time.

Agreed, altho you can install Windows 2000 Terminal service in Admin mode,
which does not require any license other than the Win2K server part.

In terms of hardware Im running my server on a Pentium 233mmx (yes an old
pentium) with 96Mb ram, I've had 3 concurrent users running (including Mark
McCall using his EPOD at his house connecting to me over the net ! )

> Dan

Darren

Privileged/Confidential Information and/or Copyright Material may
be contained in this e-mail. The information and Material is
intended for the use of the intended addressee. If you are not
the intended addressee, or the person responsible for delivering
it to the intended addressee, you may not copy or deliver it to
anyone else or use it in any unauthorised manner. To do so is
prohibited and may be unlawful. If you receive this e-mail by
mistake, advise the sender immediately by using the reply
facility in your e-mail software.

Thank you.
Information Technology Department
Belfast City Hospital Trust