RE: Re: epods - problem !

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Re: epods - problem !
  • From: "Dan Hoehnen" <dhoehnen@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 11:51:20 -0500

I am using Win 2000 Server with Terminal Services.  I also have a Linksys
wireless lan and the ePod is FAST!  You won't believe what a nice setup
this
really is.  My HomeVision web pages respond almost instantly - as fast as
if
I were at the Win 2000 pc.

I don't have any audio either, but haven't checked into it to see if that
is
possible.

I also ran VNC on the Win 2000 pc and on the ePod - no comparison!  VNC
works, but is very slow.

The problem with this setup, as another user already mentioned, is the cost
of Win 2000 Server and terminal services licenses.  But, only moderate
hardware is required.  My server is only a Celeron 366 with 192 meg ram.
So
far, I have only had 1 client active at a time.

Dan

http://www.kenseglerdesigns.com/cgi-bin/UltraBoard/UltraBoard.pl?Actio
n=ShowPost&Board=EpodsOne&Post=354&Idle=0&Sort=0&Order=Descend&Page=1&
Session=

E.g. the epod acts as a thin client simply sending keyboard/mouse
commands over to the server which does all the processing which in
turns displays the results on epod. i.e. you view whats happening on
your own PC.

Benefit is you can "appear" to run any software that you have on
your
server, e.g. I.E 5.5. Performance is apparently better than VNC or
PCAnywhere.

Downside is you need a Windows 2000 server running terminal services,
not cheap!

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Dr John Tankard" <john@t...> wrote:

> Hi done V1 hack easy...
>
> Now on the web I thought I would do the shopping at www.tesco.com
>
> it does not work, I don't know what the problem is but the nested
frames
> under departments do not display ! In fact I cannot buy anything
from that
> site !
>
> Has anyone else found problems with complex sites ?
>
> John

This message is intended only for use by the person
to whom it is addressed. It may contain information
that is privileged and confidential. Its content does
not constitute a formal commitment by Lombard Odier.
If you are not the intended recipient of this message,
kindly notify the sender immediately and destroy this
message. Thank you.