RE: Projectors

At the moment I just want a cool site to get her hooked on the idea, but
I'll answer what I can below.

On 2001.01.23 20:40:34 +0000 Phillip Harris wrote:
> Are you looking for CRT or LCD?

Dunno.

> Is the size (of the unit) an issue?

Could be. Up to a certain size would be OK. That certain size is unknown at
present.

> How big is your room?

er. I did have some plans lying around somewhere, it's about 2.5x5
meters...roughly.

> What control do you have over light in the room? (i.e. Heavy curtains,
> blinds etc.)

Heavy curtains, but not enough to make the room pitch black.

> Will you be watching in blackout conditions or dim light?

see above. I'd also like to be able to watch it in normal daylight if
that's possible.

> How big do you want your screen?

Dunno.

> Does the unit have to be portable (i.e. will you put it away in a
> cupboard or can it be permanently mounted.)

I was hoping to mount it on the ceiling.

> Are you wanting 16:9 or 4:3?

16:9 definatly.

> How much are you looking to spend?

Unfortunatly, I think this will be what kills her interest altogether, and
I'll hide the cost till she's hooked :-)

--
,,,
(o o)