Re: OK, Timeout what works with what on the EPOD

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: OK, Timeout what works with what on the EPOD
  • From: ant skelton <ant@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 17:37:45 +0000

On Tuesday 23 January 2001 17:35, you wrote:
> OK, help me out here.
>
> I've been trawling through the many thousands of EPOD messages with
> limited success.
>
> Can anybody help me answer the following:
>
> 1) Have you sucessfully used EPOD Wireless? If yes what did you use?
> Cost/buy it from.

Yes, I'm using HWN AirWay 802.11b cards, and a HWN TransPort AP, but I
don't
think you can buy those in the UK. Works a treat, except that the ePods
DHCP
client doesn't seem to work (at least, not with our NT server).

> 2) Assuming you got wireless going, what is your practical experience
> of:
>    2.1) Internet access (using ICS or what?)

Works fine, using squid on linux as a web proxy.

No idea on your other questions I'm afraid.

ant
--
ant@xxxxxxx                   /\/\                  www.ant.org
ant@xxxxxxx          (`')         www.homewireless.com