RE: Idea to reduce traffic

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Idea to reduce traffic
  • From: "Dr John Tankard" <john@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 15:57:34 -0000

> Personally, I'd like to see all the lists run on egroups, for no other
> reason that I _do_ quite often go back and search, and having all in
the
> samish place would be useful for me.

Good point.

> Secondly, I'd like to suggest that we start to separate "home
automation"
> from "home networking". I realise that the boundaries blur,
but, say, the
> discussion about 802.11b is very different from the "should I
HomeVision?"
> traffic, and that might be a way to separate.

Not sure about this as the two often go hand in hand

> However, I'd warn against damaging the critical mass.

This is a problem both ways, to much and users will turn away just as to
few
and the content is zero, I was realy trying to think of a way to reduce
some
of the bombarnment which is felt by some members without deviding the
numbers

John