RE: PC IR emitters + software

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: PC IR emitters + software
  • From: "Phil Harris" <phillip.harris1@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 12:51:02 -0000

It's actually more a worry of the HomeVisions storage for IR commands (i.e.
controlling commands which it sends to the AV components.

My Pronto is set up for every component in the house (my five year old son
hides remotes) so that includes the Denon and TEAC REF 100 micro systems in
the kitchen and the main bedroom, the TEAC REF 300 mini system in the
computer room and my kids TV and video in addition to my AV system. I can
handle my AV system with 255 commands however if I start looking towards
multi room control (or zoning) then 255 possible learned commands is a bit
too small a capacity.

Actually geting the instructions to the HomeVision shouldn't be a problem
as
I intend to control it externally via an ePod.

Phil

all in to the