Success!! (not epods, nor wireless!)

I just succesfully relocated my Home Highway box to Node Zero!!

I basically hit a little snag: I had been using a single CAT-5 strand for
All telephony, using orange pair (pins 1,2) for Analog 1, Blue and Green
Pairs (3,4,5,6) for ISDN and Brown pair (7,8) for Analog 2..

Spot the problem?

No Ring signal. So although I could distribute the phone lines around using
the A and B wires, there was no ring on cinoming calls, which, to be blunt,
stank.

I couldn't run a second CAT-5 from Node Zero to the HH box, because it's in
my porch, which is a seperate construction on the front of my house.
Running
the first one was only possible by removing the gyproc and taking to the
wall with a major league (8 inch, 15mm) masonry bit, from each side and
trying to line them up, then the hole was cemented up around the cable to
prevent draughts.

There's a cale runs from the old master box (with it's new "Digital
Access"
faceplate) to the HH box. This is a 6P6C FCC68 Connector (an RJ11 with two
more actual connectors) I used an RJ45 coupler (RJ-11 Sockets fit in RJ45
plugs) to pipe this interconnect over the existing CAT5-e cabling.

bought a 6P6C plug from Maplin, crimped up a lead with RJ45 on one end,
6P6C
on the other, and pow: both analog lines and the digital line, all
relocated
quite merrily to Node zero!

Ian.