RE: Surredering to an ePOD!

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: Surredering to an ePOD!
  • From: REB.Barnett@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 14:17:16 -0000

> 1.  How much is the TOTAL cost for getting an ePOD? (including=20
> shipping and duty.)

I was invoiced US$255 for one ePOD. UPS then added a =A340.27 customs
charg=
e.
So roughly, GBP=A3200 a unit.

> 2.  After doing the hack can u browse the WHOLE net, or just
selected=20
> sites?

You can browse the net without the hack. The hack gives you a proper WinCE
machine, as opposed to one with ePODs' own interface. Either version runs a
flavour of Pocket IE3 or 4.

You can connect to the net by either: the supplied v90 modem; IR connection
to a mobile phone, serial connection to a PC, ethernet (wired or wireless)
using a PCMCIA card.

Ray Barnett.

=20