RE: Surredering to an ePOD!

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Surredering to an ePOD!
  • From: "Graham Howe" <graham@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 13:53:59 -0000

> 1.  How much is the TOTAL cost for getting an ePOD? (including
> shipping and duty.)

Cost me $497 for two ePODs shipped via UPS Express (3 days) and I had to
pay
about £65 duty on the doorstep. So total cost works out at about £200 each
(proportional shipping may be a bit more if you buy just one).

> 2.  After doing the hack can u browse the WHOLE net, or just selected
> sites?

For a start theres more than one hack, but once you are browsing you are
only restricted by the technology employed by the sites. For example Flash
is not supported and neither is Java (applets rather than script).

> Thanks for any help!

I seem to have started this thing so haven't tired of talking about it yet,
but please, for the sake of everyone on the list, can people search through
the egroups postings before asking an ePOD question. Also check out
www.geocities.com/epodsfiles, between the two almost all questions will
have
been covered.

> On a different note, has anyone any news on the KAT5 situation at the
> moment?  Havent heard from Keith in AGES!

He did mention recently that he was expecting first batch off the assembly
line, so I would expect a repeat of the ePOD purchasing frenzy in the very
near future ;-)

Graham